Gordon United Church participates in a number of ongoing outreach projects such as:
- Community Dinners are served every other Monday in the Christian Education Hall as a shared Ministry. Everyone is welcome.
- Food and Financial Funds are donated each month to Westshore Food Bank,
- Sheet tearing bees are held every month to create bandages for Canada Comforts and Compassionate Warehouse. These bandages are rolled, stamped with the red Maple Leaf and shipped around the world as needed.
- Christmas Angel Gifts are purchased by Members of the Congregation for distribution at Our Place,
- Fair Trade coffee is served at all church functions and financial support is given to emergency situations affecting countries such as the Horn of Africa.
There is an ongoing collection of:
- Used Stamps and Campbell Soup Labels – sent for Visual Equipment for schools in poorer areas.
- Wool and empty Prescription Bottles – given to Compassionate Warehouse
- Socks and toiletries that are delivered to Our Place
Through our building we support local community groups such as the Girl Guides, Brownies, 12 step groups, Al-Anon, TOPS, Sweet Adelines, the Goldstream Preschool and the Kids Klub.
Each month we offer worship and songs to the residents at the Priory on Goldstream.
It is a rip roaring time by everyone when we meet to tear and roll bandages for Compassionate Warehouse. We are helping to supply the tens of thousands of bandages used in Clinics of Third World Countries.
Tearing Sheets into Bandages for Compassionate Warehouse